Daddy's girl

I am proud of it - I am a Daddy's girl. Being the first kid, and an only kid for about eight years, you can expect nothing less. To say that i think that my dad is the bomb is an understatement.

My dad is more than that - he is THE man. He is a lot to live up to and sometimes I pity my boyfriend because he knows that i expect nothing less than what my dad has done for us.

During the times when our family was still starting out, he never failed to make sure that i got the best of everything. I remember alternately sitting in his lap and on my mom's lap on my first bus ride to Baguio. Apparently (and i only found out about this recently), our money was budgetted to the last, possible cent but he wanted me to be able to do everything - the horseback riding, the boating thing everything. I remember going out every weekend with him and my mom, coming back with a toy every single time (I can actually still remember walking around and around the toy dept of SM - with both of them begging for me to please pick out a toy already because I had been walking around for an hour). It was all fun times for me - but it was hard work for my Dad and my Mom always. I never felt that though, because they were always around. (yes, my mom used to work! after abu dhabi though, she stopped working completely).

Don't get me wrong - I don't think I grew up spoiled. They were pretty good with picking out which stuff I could have, which i definitely couldn't. Except that sometimes my dad is such a softie that the things they said no to at first end up with me anyway. I'm no Veruca Salt though, that's for sure.

On the first day that he was given a car by the company - we indulged in our favorite pasttime - joyrides! :) we'd just get in the car and drive around. We still do that a lot.

The thing with my dad is, everything that we have right now is all due to his being a workaholic. That, and being an honest worker. I know exactly two instances where he discovered discrepancies in his accounts that he didn't just let go. And he gives back a lot to his community too. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have all my stuff, wouldn't have gone to the schools i went to, been to the places we've been to. He's made me learn that nothing cannot be reached without hard work, a steady head and knowledge to count and be thankful for blessings that you've been given. He has also taught me to share.

My dad isn't a saint, though. hehe. No way man... I've inherited the stubbornness, the temper and that stupid habit of insisting that i am right.

My dad and I get along well - sometimes I miss being a little girl because I miss being able to snuggle up to my dad and make kulit. Somehow it's awkward to do that now - i've gotten tall. It's a lot more fun to do that when you're smaller. The other day, I saw him playing with our dog - he was dancing him around in the same way that he used to do with all of us as toddlers. I kind of felt sad that all of us have gotten older now - because if we miss being able to play with daddy, i'm sure he does too. Now the three of us just generally make him kulit and make him laugh with our antics. sometimes i think he thinks we're too loud but hey, he does have girls in the house!

Him and my mom are a good and volatile team. We definitely grew up well because of them. I love being able to say that I get along with both my mom and my dad. :)

My dad is THE man, like I said. And no, I don't expect anything less than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things