cruising down Sucat

not by choice, by the way. but today, i came down sucat, opposite of my usual direction when coming home. because of this, i got to see a part of sucat that i hadn't seen in a while.

as i passed by familiar sights, i realized that i did somehow grow up in this area.

i first lived in UPS5, with my lola (my dad's aunt) when we first moved to Manila. My dad was still with SGV, my mom a nurse. I was still a little girl, everyone's baby. I remember riding a jeep down sucat towards the interchange where we'd then catch a bus to Makati. This was our weekend routine, because even then my mom and dad made sure we went out as a family. I'd come home with a new toy after circling SM's toy department for about an hour with my parents begging me to please, please finally choose one.

after a while, i remember moving to BF, my dad back at pepsi and my mom.. i think she stopped working by this time. I started going to Bene - so really, am not just a paranaque girl at heart but an alabang one as well (hehe, by association because of Bene). Same weekend routine - i loved those rides on the Love Bus. Even being in the jeep was fun. I guess I was always spoiled, the thing i remember most about my childhood are my weekend trips with my parents... and anything i wanted was almost always given to me. Looking back, i can't help but feel thankful for having such great parents. I mean, we didn't have much then but my dad always made sure things were great.

even when we moved away from manila and came back, we always moved back here.. back at BF, back by Sucat. I know I say Jakarta is home but earlier, as i looked out the window and remembered all these things from my childhood, i realize that Paranaque is somehow home too. BF sure is.

The great thing about realizing all this is knowing that i have ties here - that i can legitimately call BF "home" because i was here as a child, know things around here because i've been to them as a child.

Wala lang. At least i'm not such a "new" resident here. Southside pala talaga ako.. even as a child. :)

Comments

Wan Jun said…
hahah...I remember the love bus!! may heart yung logo nun di ba? Red and white/yellow ata. Tapos blue yung bus?
kaye said…
yupyup!! that's it!! tpos when you wanted to get off, all you had to do was press this button... astig!! haha! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things