Whenever I'm out walking to someplace or around someplace or just stuck in some environment with nothing to do and I'm all alone, I sit back and observe. Ok, fine, I walk back (?! somehow the expression doesn't fit anymore) and observe.
What I observed today was that Pinoys can get pretty pakialamero. I think it's part of the famed friendly nature of Pinoys, but what most people don't realize that part of the friendliness is a healthy dose of pagka-chismoso.
Like earlier, I happen to pass by a woman asking a guard/maintenance from one of the buildings in our street directions to some other building down the road. The guy points the building out to her, the girl says thanks and walks away. She has probably only taken about five steps when the guard calls out, "Bakit, maga-abroad ka?" Since I was just passing by, I had no idea if the conversation continued after that.
I was just a little taken aback by how he even had to ask the question. I mean, other people would have just pointed the way out to her and moved on with their lives. But no... he just had to ask.
I know he meant to just be friendly and make the girl comfortable who definitely looked like she had never been to this part of makati before. But ... :p
Well, I realized that not everyone is like me - who really minds if strangers ask personal questions. I just get freaked out with all the extra interest. :o though i have to admit it also depends on the person and my surroundings. There are some people i just jive with eventhough i've only just met them. There are some who i just cannot be comfortable with no matter how many times we come across each other.
But generally, when it's strangers who ask too much... i just freak out. :p i guess, it's being too friendly that just freaks me out. :p hehe
What I observed today was that Pinoys can get pretty pakialamero. I think it's part of the famed friendly nature of Pinoys, but what most people don't realize that part of the friendliness is a healthy dose of pagka-chismoso.
Like earlier, I happen to pass by a woman asking a guard/maintenance from one of the buildings in our street directions to some other building down the road. The guy points the building out to her, the girl says thanks and walks away. She has probably only taken about five steps when the guard calls out, "Bakit, maga-abroad ka?" Since I was just passing by, I had no idea if the conversation continued after that.
I was just a little taken aback by how he even had to ask the question. I mean, other people would have just pointed the way out to her and moved on with their lives. But no... he just had to ask.
I know he meant to just be friendly and make the girl comfortable who definitely looked like she had never been to this part of makati before. But ... :p
Well, I realized that not everyone is like me - who really minds if strangers ask personal questions. I just get freaked out with all the extra interest. :o though i have to admit it also depends on the person and my surroundings. There are some people i just jive with eventhough i've only just met them. There are some who i just cannot be comfortable with no matter how many times we come across each other.
But generally, when it's strangers who ask too much... i just freak out. :p i guess, it's being too friendly that just freaks me out. :p hehe
Comments