struck-by-lightning moment

Yesterday, as i was having lunch with Glads and Guia, they asked about the "next steps" for the wedding (grabe, we sound like we're talking about a project or something, haha). Anyway, I said something like, "it's going" because well, to be honest, we haven't really done actual stuff for the wedding nor am I getting much feedback from my planner about anything about the wedding.

Then the lunch cruised along and I didn't really think of that anymore. During dinner, I mentioned it to Reg and he said that it was ok since we still have time and all and our planner is steadily cruising along so that means pretty good news (that we're still making good time).

So dinner went and all was forgotten.

Until today.

Lots of things led up to it actually: reading two-wedding related blogs (one by a good friend, and another by the fiancée of a friend's brother), looking at wedding photos of a friend's friend, making a countdown gadget for my blog (see right) and I was just suddenly struck like omigod, there are seven months left to the wedding!

Seven. Months.

I know people say that six months is enough time to plan a wedding but come on, i don't want to be fixing little details right up til the last minute right?

So anyway, the result of that moment was:

1. I emailed my planner to ask for updates on things she's said she'd get back to me but haven't just yet.
2. I asked her for next steps (I am a lost bride).
3. I suddenly had the realization na shet, i am a bride (the proximity to the date must have something to do with it)
4. I have a sudden need to take matters into my own hands (which I won't, because that's why I paid for a planner!)

Hahahahaha. The AE in me is attempting to take over my wedding. But I have to be a Client. As I told Guia earlier, I'm not used to being a Client pala. She says I have to be more demanding. :D

So tonight, Reg and I have to sit down and fix the things that we haven't tied up yet from our end (wish should be easy lang).

Hay naku, no more na. I also can't afford to be a little lax because work will be busy next year too. :p

Shet.

Oo nga.

I. AM. A. Bride!

Exciting ito! haha! :)

(hmmm... deja vu ata, haha)

Comments

Anonymous said…
*rolling my eyes*


i have to get surgery :( and i had to drop out of touch rugby :( and i choreographed three dances for UN day and i cant dance in any of them :( i hate my knee :(

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things