Lifestyle change
Am in the midst of a lifestyle change. The post about the high cholesterol? Well, it's a little more serious than I still believe it is (but then everyone around me takes it very seriously. Am probably just still in my "surreal moment").
Anyway, I went to the doctor (i was sent to a cardiologist!) and after looking at my test results, concluded that yes, it is extremely high (shet, extremely high pala tlga) and prescribed me Crestor for the next 30days and told me to change my diet. And then I'm up for one of those dreaded blood tests again on the first week of December.
So basically, what they're trying to see is if they can make my cholesterol count go down through the medicine and hopefully maintain it with just changes in my diet and definitely more exercise (yes, I can't make excuses anymore). As I'm too young (sigh. i still can't believe I have this), everyone prefers I don't start taking maintenance medicine just yet (my dad takes the same medicine! my God!)
So I've had to give up a lot of my favorite things. :(
I realised today that eating is one my life's most pleasurable moments and now I have to learn to be happy with what I can eat at the moment.
And this is a stretch, because the girl who avoided fish now can only eat fish and seafood and thank god for chicken or else I'd really cry (yes, no meat for me at the moment). :p no more yummy fried, oily food, hello steamed and grilled (and sometimes baked). I also have to learn to love my salads more and say good bye a little to sweets (cupcakes and ice cream, goodbye). And now I have to learn to like oatmeal just a little.
But all of this I am doing willingly. It's only been a few days but I've already started to somewhat like fish again. I've started to like fruits again. I still have moments when I say I want ice cream or I want a cheeseburger, or just plain meat, but I know I can't. I'm just whining to get it out of my system. I'm starting to look at labels and thinking twice if what's in front of me is something I can eat. It's a pain, it's definitely a stretch but I have to do it. And I will. I'm too young to be on those maintenance medicines man. And I don't plan on having the "youngest in the clan" honor for long. :p (yes, this is family genes doing its work too)
Anyway, the good thing out of all this is a nice change in lifestyle, and I should definitely lose weight.
Oh, and I have the BEST husband. He also changed his diet for me, eating with me only what I can eat to make sure I don't slip or cheat. And also because we're wary that he may turn out to be the same because we like to eat the same things. :p Plus, he makes sure I get to the gym. If it weren't for him, this would be so much harder.
I'm in the midst of a lifestyle change. So if i tell you I can't eat something, please forgive me, i'm not being maarte. I just need to take care of myself a little better at the moment. :)
Anyway, I went to the doctor (i was sent to a cardiologist!) and after looking at my test results, concluded that yes, it is extremely high (shet, extremely high pala tlga) and prescribed me Crestor for the next 30days and told me to change my diet. And then I'm up for one of those dreaded blood tests again on the first week of December.
So basically, what they're trying to see is if they can make my cholesterol count go down through the medicine and hopefully maintain it with just changes in my diet and definitely more exercise (yes, I can't make excuses anymore). As I'm too young (sigh. i still can't believe I have this), everyone prefers I don't start taking maintenance medicine just yet (my dad takes the same medicine! my God!)
So I've had to give up a lot of my favorite things. :(
I realised today that eating is one my life's most pleasurable moments and now I have to learn to be happy with what I can eat at the moment.
And this is a stretch, because the girl who avoided fish now can only eat fish and seafood and thank god for chicken or else I'd really cry (yes, no meat for me at the moment). :p no more yummy fried, oily food, hello steamed and grilled (and sometimes baked). I also have to learn to love my salads more and say good bye a little to sweets (cupcakes and ice cream, goodbye). And now I have to learn to like oatmeal just a little.
But all of this I am doing willingly. It's only been a few days but I've already started to somewhat like fish again. I've started to like fruits again. I still have moments when I say I want ice cream or I want a cheeseburger, or just plain meat, but I know I can't. I'm just whining to get it out of my system. I'm starting to look at labels and thinking twice if what's in front of me is something I can eat. It's a pain, it's definitely a stretch but I have to do it. And I will. I'm too young to be on those maintenance medicines man. And I don't plan on having the "youngest in the clan" honor for long. :p (yes, this is family genes doing its work too)
Anyway, the good thing out of all this is a nice change in lifestyle, and I should definitely lose weight.
Oh, and I have the BEST husband. He also changed his diet for me, eating with me only what I can eat to make sure I don't slip or cheat. And also because we're wary that he may turn out to be the same because we like to eat the same things. :p Plus, he makes sure I get to the gym. If it weren't for him, this would be so much harder.
I'm in the midst of a lifestyle change. So if i tell you I can't eat something, please forgive me, i'm not being maarte. I just need to take care of myself a little better at the moment. :)
Comments