Creating opportunities

(paraphrased from Evan Almighty. "Paraphrased" because I'm not too sure if i remember it word for word)

"When a person prays for patience, what does God do? He creates opportunities for the person to be patient. When a person prays for courage, what does He do? He creates opportunities for the person to be courageous."

Lovely, lovely. I guess, deep in my heart, this is what I've always known. It makes sense after all - we have a God who teaches. It makes sense that He would create opportunities instead of giving outright. It's how we will learn.

I realised, not everything given to me was given outright. Instead, after a series of events, that's when the thing I prayed for landed in my lap. I had to go through a lot of things first. Sometimes the road is easy, sometimes it's very very hard. But in the end, I am a better person for it.

Lovely, how that works out.

Comments

Didi said…
ganda nga e. they're funny but swabe ang pasok ng mga Godly messages ;p

Acts of Random Kindness dearie
kaye said…
haha, o nga, swabe nga. i really liked it :D
Anonymous said…
guess what. our high school play is highschool musical. and i made the play! haahahha. i duno what part though. definitely not any of the leads. dudn matter though, its a cool play to be in. lol.

oh, and i also got an n76. tahhahaahah.
kaye said…
yeah i heard about the new phone from inna. :D what color did you get? is it working ok?

good job on the play! get the dvd so i can watch it. haha :) tr
Anonymous said…
i got black cuz dad said if later on, i want to give the phone away, then red would limit me to girls only. therefore black. its cool though, it looks more sleek.

its kool i like it a lot. haha. i miss flipfones. this one doesnt flip like straight up though, you kinda hafta push it up. i think its cuz of the 3g thang. but its cool.
kaye said…
buti you got black, black's better looking than the red one :)

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things