... and the beat goes on
I sometimes have moments where I feel like so many things are happening. I don't know if this is a function of my multitasking self (it must be), but man, sometimes things just keep happening.
Other times, I have this feeling that the world just keeps going while i'm stuck in one place.
The beat just keeps going. Of course, the world keeps turning.
Anyway, it makes me all nostalgic because time just keeps zooming by. How are you supposed to stop and smell the roses and appreciate moments when moments are gone in a blink of an eye? Maybe the trick is to breathe deeply. haha
-==-
I have momentarily forgotten and now remembered that there's a new book waiting for me at home. It's been waiting for me since Saturday. Yes, Saturday! :p It's a book called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (part one of a trilogy) and I picked it up because it's supposedly about a vampire and love and loving a vampire. I've always been fascinated by vampires, but I've never read Dracula. Nor watched (or read) Interview with a Vampire. Or other old and famous vampire books. But I've read books like Night World by LJ Smith and various other (officially categorized) teen books concerning otherwordly beings as such, but here's the catch. If I read anything about these things, love needs to be present because i'm a scaredy-cat. I can't have them just terrorizing people, I need to have them experience the agony of love as well. Nevertheless, whenever I read these things, I always imagine having those vampire powers (ability to see in the dark, regenerate, immortality) or witch powers (oohh magic!) or whatever. Wala lang, it's fun. :p
I miss having loads of books to read. For a time, I started to get sick of chick lit, of Judith McNaught or Jude Deveraux (yes, yes, i read them! haha) or whatever author I came across that wrote about love. After Harry Potter, I haven't even looked at fantasy books (which I love as well). While I used to buy a book practically every week, now i hardly buy. It takes a lot to catch my attention now. The bookworm in me is sad, maybe i've just gotten lazy to scour those racks.
Sigh. But I should. Every shelf in a bookstore holds a treasure. I hope Twilight is a treasure. After this, maybe I'll start reading more again.
-==-
Our agency is about to go on its much-anticipated (??) company trip which, after a whole load of speculation, will be at Hong Kong and Macau.
Hmm. I'm sort of looking forward to it, because maybe now I can finally take a look at the places that Reg and I didn't get to go to because we were rained on in HK the last time we were there. And there's H&M! Four days away from home, in the middle of what might be a busy week. Not too bad at all...
Other times, I have this feeling that the world just keeps going while i'm stuck in one place.
The beat just keeps going. Of course, the world keeps turning.
Anyway, it makes me all nostalgic because time just keeps zooming by. How are you supposed to stop and smell the roses and appreciate moments when moments are gone in a blink of an eye? Maybe the trick is to breathe deeply. haha
-==-
I have momentarily forgotten and now remembered that there's a new book waiting for me at home. It's been waiting for me since Saturday. Yes, Saturday! :p It's a book called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (part one of a trilogy) and I picked it up because it's supposedly about a vampire and love and loving a vampire. I've always been fascinated by vampires, but I've never read Dracula. Nor watched (or read) Interview with a Vampire. Or other old and famous vampire books. But I've read books like Night World by LJ Smith and various other (officially categorized) teen books concerning otherwordly beings as such, but here's the catch. If I read anything about these things, love needs to be present because i'm a scaredy-cat. I can't have them just terrorizing people, I need to have them experience the agony of love as well. Nevertheless, whenever I read these things, I always imagine having those vampire powers (ability to see in the dark, regenerate, immortality) or witch powers (oohh magic!) or whatever. Wala lang, it's fun. :p
I miss having loads of books to read. For a time, I started to get sick of chick lit, of Judith McNaught or Jude Deveraux (yes, yes, i read them! haha) or whatever author I came across that wrote about love. After Harry Potter, I haven't even looked at fantasy books (which I love as well). While I used to buy a book practically every week, now i hardly buy. It takes a lot to catch my attention now. The bookworm in me is sad, maybe i've just gotten lazy to scour those racks.
Sigh. But I should. Every shelf in a bookstore holds a treasure. I hope Twilight is a treasure. After this, maybe I'll start reading more again.
-==-
Our agency is about to go on its much-anticipated (??) company trip which, after a whole load of speculation, will be at Hong Kong and Macau.
Hmm. I'm sort of looking forward to it, because maybe now I can finally take a look at the places that Reg and I didn't get to go to because we were rained on in HK the last time we were there. And there's H&M! Four days away from home, in the middle of what might be a busy week. Not too bad at all...
Comments