Incomplete

So my mom and my baby sister are heading back to Jakarta tomorrow after about a week of staying here.

While it's been fun having my family around, it also feels a little weird because Aneka isn't here.

Thinking back, this may have been the first time that she asked to stay behind. And she stayed for a dance competition, which they unfortunately lost. Sayang.

Anyway. It's a little strange sitting in my dad's car with space in between Inna and I. In fact, one of my mom's first few words on her first full day here were "I miss Aneka!" to which my dad replied, "Ikaw namimiss mo sya, pero ikaw hindi ka nya namimiss!" Ahaha! The other day I told her that she should've just come home. She thought it was because we were doing something special here. Actually, nothing has happened. haha! :D It was just weird that she wasn't here as well.

So yesterday, she got hurt while swimming. Everyone was so worried. That convinced my mom even more that she's never allowing her to stay behind again.

Me, on the other hand, just wishes that she doesn't stay behind again after this. After all, in about a few years when she flies off to college, it's not going to be that easy to see her anymore. Especially since the distance will not just be Manila-Jakarta. Come latter half of next year, I won't even be staying at the house anymore whenever she comes home.

As sometimes annoying as little sisters can be, I do miss both of them quite a lot.

Maybe everyone is used to me not being around while in Jakarta, but none of us is used to not having her or Inna around here in Manila. In Manila, we are usually complete. This time, we're incomplete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things