A wedding and a farm

Thursday night, we drove up to Tagaytay to attend Lala and Karl's wedding reception. Yes, just their wedding reception because they had their civil ceremony at home. :)

Their wedding reception was at lovely Sonya's Garden. I'm not too sure which area we were in, but it was decorated really nicely (i totally loved it, it was all soft and nice). The food was great (you wouldn't believe how much bread I ate, ohmigoodness). The weather was absolutely nice and cold and windy (altho it did get a little warm in the venue we were in, but it must have been because we were jumping around). The Ronnies played and since the couple are 80s babies, it was a whole load of nice 80s music. Haha! i have to admit, being around people who grew up in the 80s makes you appreciate 80s songs a whole lot more. At least, the ones I remember and actually know. Get too new wave-y on me and I'm lost na. haha! :)

What really surprised me though, was that there didn't seem to be a lot of alcohol floating around. We found out later the next day that there was actually a whole load of wine left. The thing is, none of us thought to ask and look for wine (well, mostly cos I thought it was impolite which was why I didn't ask. I don't know what the others did though, hehe) and the waiters all hid the glasses (i guess it was a ploy to make sure we were out by the time we were supposed to be out). However, it was still a nice night out.

The dress code was dressy formal so everyone came in their own version of. :) The bride looked absolutely lovely in her flapper-inspired (well, it looked flapper to us! haha) dress and her awesome hairpiece and her groom looked totally dapper in his Paul Smith suit. It was small and intimate. Much fun! :D

As we left, Lala mentioned that "kayo ng ang sunod!" and Waya also mentioned that "we'll do this again in your reception!"

I got excited. I can't wait for ours! :D

-==-

Last Saturday, we all got invited to lunch in the Gallardo's farm in Batangas so Rap, Paolo and I drove up there mid-morning. We got there at about 1pm and got treated to glorious home-cooked Pinoy food. :) I didn't cheat on my diet though, i only ate the tinolang chicken and had organic rice pa. Ok fine, I had sinigang soup cos Mrs. G said she cooked it and it was heavenly anyway! haha! :D We spent the rest of the day sitting around, getting our hair blown by the wind, drinking wine and ige's margaritas. We did eventually got off our asses to walk around their block. Saw a pretty funky looking mushroom house that looked weird on the outside but super nice inside. Got to see the sunset. Ate some more. And drank some more. We eventually had to leave our cozy spot because the owners of the house wanted to go to bed na, and we actually tried to sit around outside in the open air with blankets! haha! That is, until Ige got peed on by a bat and he rushed inside and then we all ended up playing with light photography using Karl's stuff.

It was a really lazy Saturday afternoon, and the wind and sunshine was so nice, I was having flashbacks of childhood afternoons in Midsayap. So much fun. :)

Anyway, we can't thank the Gallardos enough for their hospitality! We had such a great day. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arguing from the point of equality and other things