Nakakahiya.
Currently, there is a controversy brewing in the community my family is part of. I've no knowledge of full details nor will I pretend to know. What I have are overheard statements and forwarded emails. But this 1 thing I know to be true. Why is a community, who's apparent center is the Lord, acting very human? I know it is their very nature, but for a community to espouse living in the Lord's image and likeness, it is surely showing the world the opposite. Say goodbye to credibility. If the community's inspiration is the Lord, then why are power, pride and division ruling? Shouldn't we opt for humility? Even as humans, we are capable of being humble. I think it is hypocrisy to put in quotes from the bible to prove points that will serve a selfish purpose. I think it is hypocrisy to extol all to pray to God to further their own means. Most of all, I think it is hypocrisy to be putting "God Bless You" at the end of a series of paragraphs meant to answer spite with spite.
If we truly aim to be God's people, then I should see humility. Sacrifice. I should see emulation of what Christ has done for his community. I don't.
Shame on you.
If we truly aim to be God's people, then I should see humility. Sacrifice. I should see emulation of what Christ has done for his community. I don't.
Shame on you.
Comments