Of weddings, age and other issues... :p
Last sunday, as we sat in front of the tv in discovery suites, eating junkfood for breakfast, julette blurted out loud to cia: ohmigod! you're getting married in 5 days! (or something to that effect).
I personally got chills down my spine but when i looked at my dear friend, she had the most contented smile on her face. To me, it is extremely mind-boggling to be content and ready to be married at our age. I guess that's the difference between me and her - she is ready, while i am not.
The past few weeks i've slowly come to realize that nothing is the same anymore. proof of our age is the very fact that we're attending the wedding of one of us on saturday. one of us is getting married... it hits very close to home and makes you realize how old you're getting.
Can I just whine?! I'm not ready for any of this! This growing up business sucks ass man.
I turn 23 in five days. 23! Can you imagine? And i can still clearly remember the feeling of wonder I used to get when I look at people in their 20s. Now i'm definitely one of them and i still can't imagine being in my 20s. Of course, with this comes the endless questions like who am i really, where am i going, am i going the right away and the mother of all questions - what am i going to do with my life???
I have so many plans, so many things I want to do, so many things I want to see and achieve that i don't know if i can fit it all. I feel like i should do everything now or bust. Sometimes i get complacent that i get angry at myself, other times i get so impatient and restless that i don't know what to do with myself.
I feel like i've been thrown in one hell of an amusement ride without me being really ready for it and now i have nothing left to do but to just go with the twists, the upside-down turns and the sudden gusts of speed at different intervals. I don't know where it's going, where it's going to end and how it will end. i have nothing left to do but sit, wait and hold on for dear life.
It's exciting, sure, but the uncertainty is killing me! I just get so curious and I wonder if everything is supposed to be going how it's meant to go.
Anyway, I do accept that all of this is part of that great big amusement ride called Life so I guess I'll just have to suck it up huh? :)
Last sunday, as we sat in front of the tv in discovery suites, eating junkfood for breakfast, julette blurted out loud to cia: ohmigod! you're getting married in 5 days! (or something to that effect).
I personally got chills down my spine but when i looked at my dear friend, she had the most contented smile on her face. To me, it is extremely mind-boggling to be content and ready to be married at our age. I guess that's the difference between me and her - she is ready, while i am not.
The past few weeks i've slowly come to realize that nothing is the same anymore. proof of our age is the very fact that we're attending the wedding of one of us on saturday. one of us is getting married... it hits very close to home and makes you realize how old you're getting.
Can I just whine?! I'm not ready for any of this! This growing up business sucks ass man.
I turn 23 in five days. 23! Can you imagine? And i can still clearly remember the feeling of wonder I used to get when I look at people in their 20s. Now i'm definitely one of them and i still can't imagine being in my 20s. Of course, with this comes the endless questions like who am i really, where am i going, am i going the right away and the mother of all questions - what am i going to do with my life???
I have so many plans, so many things I want to do, so many things I want to see and achieve that i don't know if i can fit it all. I feel like i should do everything now or bust. Sometimes i get complacent that i get angry at myself, other times i get so impatient and restless that i don't know what to do with myself.
I feel like i've been thrown in one hell of an amusement ride without me being really ready for it and now i have nothing left to do but to just go with the twists, the upside-down turns and the sudden gusts of speed at different intervals. I don't know where it's going, where it's going to end and how it will end. i have nothing left to do but sit, wait and hold on for dear life.
It's exciting, sure, but the uncertainty is killing me! I just get so curious and I wonder if everything is supposed to be going how it's meant to go.
Anyway, I do accept that all of this is part of that great big amusement ride called Life so I guess I'll just have to suck it up huh? :)
Comments
I do know how you feel. I have a friend who went to boarding school with me who is a MUM now. That just blows me away.
Miss you.
Pitchy.